Introducing the next generation Ragley Piglet 27.5″ Hardtail bike. Designed as a trail friendly bike with all mountain capabilities, the Piglet is created for exploration, adventure and play.
It is for people that ride with their saddle up as much as their saddle down. At home on any terrain, from tearing around your local trail centre, snaking down your local singletrack or back country adventures in the middle of nowhere; it will push your skills to new limits and beyond!
The Piglet is a great value package that is ready for action straight out of the box thanks to a combination of a great frameset, modern aggressive geometry and a well thought out selection of reliable components.
The Piglet frameset features ISCG 05 tabs, a 44mm headtube and internal dropper seatpost compatibility. It is engineered from custom triple butted 4130 CrMo steel tubing resulting in a frame that is lightweight and supple enough to provide comfort on longer rides whilst robust and stiff enough to take all you can throw at it.
Geometry is taken very seriously at Ragley, as it is the most important part of any bike’s personality. It defines the bike and ultimately dictates the way a bike will interact with you and the trail.
Ragley’s updated trail geometry has been designed to mimic the characteristics of a modern full suspension bike but obviously without the sag at the rear. This is why Ragley’s bikes seem slack when static. However once the rider is on the bike, the front suspension will sag, steepening the head angle by the desired amount.
Designed with a 65.5˚ head angle (67˚ at ride height) and a long top tube, the Piglet is designed to run a short stem (Between 40-60mm) to give fine control and stability at high and low speeds, especially over rough and technical terrain. The low bottom bracket (Similar to a modern full suspension bike at Sag) and short chainstays maximise manoeuvrability, cornering, traction and playfulness whilst the steep seat angle puts the rider central on the bike ensuring climbing prowess.
The new Piglet should see you climbing up, going along and flying down faster than ever before!
Leading the way and smoothing the trail ahead is a Rockshox Yari RC fork offering 130mm of bump-munching travel through a study chassis using 35mm stanchions and a 15mm stealth bolt thru-axle to ensure accurate steering through the most challenging lines. The tried and tested Motion Control Damping and air spring allow fine adjustment to suit any rider whilst keeping weight to a minimum.
The Tubeless ready wheels are made up from WTB ASYM IP23 TCS Rims, laced to a Bolt Thru-Axle Novatac front hub and Novatec QR rear, with surefooted stability provided by WTB tyres: an aggressive 2.3 Vigilante TCS – with custom Light/High Grip Compound on the front and a fast rolling 2.25 Trail Boss TCS – Light/Fast Compound on the rear.
Power is provided through a 1×11 speed drivetrain using Shimano’s new M7000 SLX cranks, shifters and rear derailleur with a clutch to keep your chain in place and noise to a minimum. Once you are up to speed, dependable and powerful Shimano M7000 SLX hydraulic disc brakes will help keep you in control.
The cockpit and contact points are ready for action with a wide 760mm Ragley Wiser bar and short 50mm Stubbing stem. For proper all mountain accessibility Ragley has added the Brand-X Ascend Dropper seatpost with 120mm of travel and internal cable routing. To ensure comfort on even the longest of rides, they have added the Ragley Tracker saddle.
- Frame: Custom triple butted 4130 CrMo steel
- Forks: Rockshox Yari RC 27.5 130mm Travel, 15mm Maxle Stealth, Tapered Steerer
- Chainset: Shimano M7000 SLX 1x 11 Speed, 175mm, 32T
- Shift Levers: Shimano M7000 SLX 1x 11Speed (I-Spec II)
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano M7000 SLX 1x 11Speed Shadow Plus
- Cassette: Shimano CS-M7000 SLX 11-42T
- Chain: Shimano HG-601-11
- Rims: WTB ASYM IP23, TCS, 27.5″, 32 Hole
- Front Hub: Novatec D711SB-15 Disc 100mm x 15mm
- Rear Hub: Novatec D772SB-A4S-QR Disc Rear 10x135mmm QR
- Front Tyre: WTB Vigilante TCS 2.3 – 27.5″ – Light/High Grip Compound (Tubeless Ready)
- Rear Tyre: WTB Trail Boss TCS 2.25 – 27.5″ – Light/Fast Compound (Tubeless Ready)
- Front brake: Shimano SLX M7000 180mm
- Rear Brake: Shimano SLX M7000 160mm
- Handlebars: Ragley Wiser Riser Bars – 760mm Wide, 25mm Rise
- Grips: Ragley Single Lock On
- Headset: FSA No. 9
- Stem: Ragley Stubbing Stem – 50mm Reach, 0 Degree Rise
- Saddle: Ragley Tracker – CrMo Rail
- Seatpost: Brand-X ASCEND Dropper, Internal with Shifter style lever, 120mm Travel
- ISCG 05 Tabs
- 5 Year Warranty and lifetime crash replacement
- ISO 4210 Certified
- Head Angle: 65.5˚Static (67˚ Sagged at 25%)
- Seat Angle: 72˚
- Chain stay length: 425mm
- Seat post: 31.6mm
- Rear Axle: 10mm x 135mm QR
- Seat Collar: 34.9mm
- Front Derailleur: 34.9mm
- BB Shell: 73mm BSA
- Headset: 44mm Tapered – ZS44/28.6 | EC44/40
- Wheel Size: 27.5″
- Max Tyre Size: 2.4″
- BB Height: 305mm
- Size Options: S – 15″, M – 17″, L – 19″, XL – 21″
Weight: 29.5lbs (13.4kgs)