Building on the success of the award winning 2016 Marley, let me Introduce the 2017 Ragley Marley 2.0 27.5″ Hardtail bike. Designed as a trail friendly bike with all mountain capabilities, the Marley is created for exploration, adventure and play.
It is for people that ride with their saddle up as much as their saddle down. At home on any terrain, from tearing around your local trail centre, snaking down your local singletrack or back country adventures in the middle of nowhere; it will push your skills to new limits and beyond!
The Marley is a great value package that is ready for action straight out of the box thanks to a combination of a great frameset, modern aggressive geometry and a well thought out selection of reliable components.
The Marley frameset features ISCG 05 tabs and a 44/56mm tapered headtube to keep the front stiff and low. It is made from custom butted aircraft grade 6061-T6 aluminium tubing resulting in a frame that is lightweight and supple enough to provide comfort on longer rides whilst robust and stiff enough to take all you can throw at it.
Geometry is taken very seriously at Ragley, as it is the most important part of any bike’s personality. It defines the bike and ultimately dictates the way a bike will interact with you and the trail.
Ragley’s updated trail geometry has been designed to mimic the characteristics of a modern full suspension bike but obviously without the sag at the rear. This is why Ragley’s bikes seem slack when static. However once the rider is on the bike, the front suspension will sag, steepening the head angle by the desired amount.
Designed with a 65.5˚ head angle (67˚ at ride height) and a long top tube, the Marley is designed to run a short stem (Between 40-60mm) to give fine control and stability at high and low speeds, especially over rough and technical terrain. The low bottom bracket (Similar to a modern full suspension bike at Sag) and short chainstays maximise manoeuvrability, cornering, traction and playfulness whilst the steep seat angle puts the rider central on the bike ensuring climbing prowess.
The new Marley should see you climbing up, going along and flying down faster than ever before!
Leading the way and smoothing the trail ahead is a pair of Suntour Raidon XC LOR forks with 120mm of bump-munching travel, tapered steerer and a 15mm bolt thru-axle to ensure accurate steering through the most challenging lines. The air spring allows fine adjustment to suit any rider whilst keeping weight to a minimum.
The wheels are made up from Tubeless ready WTB STP I23 Rims, laced to Formula hubs with surefooted stability provided by WTB tyres: an aggressive 2.3 Vigilante Comp – with custom High Grip Compound on the front and a fast rolling 2.25 Trail Boss on the rear.
Power is provided through a 2×10 speed drivetrain using FSA Gamma Drive cranks, Deore shifters, Deore front derailleur and Deore rear derailleur with a clutch to keep your chain in place and noise to a minimum. Once you are up to speed, dependable and powerful Shimano M396 hydraulic disc brakes will help keep you in control.
The cockpit and contact points are ready for action with a wide 740mm Ragley bar and short 50mm stem. To ensure comfort on even the longest of rides they have added the Ragley Tracker saddle.
- Frame: Custom butted 6061-T6 Heat treated aluminium
- Forks: Suntour Raidon XC LOR, 120mm Travel, 15mm Thru-Axle , Tapered Steerer
- Chainset: FSA Gamma Drive Mega Exo 2x, 175mm, 38x24T
- Shift Levers: Shimano Deore M610 2x 10 Speed
- Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore M618 High Clamp, Down-Swing, Top Pull
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Deore M615 10Speed Shadow Plus
- Cassette: Shimano HG-50, 11-36T
- Chain: FSA – 10 Speed CN-910
- Rims: WTB STP I23, 27.5″, 32 Hole
- Front Hub: Formula DC-81 Disc 100mm x 15mm
- Rear Hub: Formula DCL-360Q Disc Rear 135mm QR
- Front Tyre: WTB Vigilante Comp 2.3 – 27.5″ – High Grip Compound
- Rear Tyre: WTB Trail Boss Comp 2.25 – 27.5″
- Front brake: Shimano M365 180mm
- Rear Brake: Shimano M365 160mm
- Handlebars: Ragley Bars – 740mm Wide, 15mm Rise
- Grips: Ragley Single Lock On
- Headset: FSA NO. 57e
- Stem: Ragley – 50mm Reach, 3 Degree Rise
- Saddle: Ragley Tracker – CrMo Rail
- Seatpost: Ragley 400mm, 31.6mm
- ISCG 05 Tabs
- 5 Year Warranty and lifetime crash replacement
- ISO 4210 Certified
- Head Angle: 65.5˚Static (67˚ Sagged at 25%)
- Seat Angle: 73˚
- Chain stay length: 425mm
- Seat post: 31.6mm
- Rear Axle: 10mm x 135mm QR
- Seat Collar: 34.9mm
- Front Derailleur: 34.9mm
- BB Shell: 73mm BSA
- Headset: 44mm Tapered – ZS44/28.6 | ZS56/40
- Wheel Size: 27.5″
- Max Tyre Size: 2.4″
- BB Height: 305mm
- Size Options: S – 15″, M – 17″, L – 19″, XL – 21″
Weight: 29lbs (13.2kgs)